When companies are approaching a data protection strategy something dubbed the “3-2-1 rule” often...Read More
And another installment of Friday Shorts – a spot for me to share some awesomeness I’ve found on the interwebs, upcoming events and info from some awesome blog sponsors, and just random thoughts around events and...Read More
November 15th was a pretty big day for the teams over at StarWind Software. Three press releases came out from the company yesterday dealing not only with their iSCSI SAN solution but they are now a player in the backup space....Read More
As you’ve probably already guessed from the name of this post mwpreston dot net is finally in the books as being one year old. Honestly this is a fairly big accomplishment for me. It’s been a long ride since those...Read More
StarWind Software, a global leader in storage management and SAN software for small and midsize companies (or in the community terms – the company with the iSCSI SAN) has released a new whitepaper titled ;’Why Is...Read More
One of the new features coming out inside of Windows Server 2012 is the ability to create what's called a Scaled Out File Server. The Scale-Out File server is basically and active/active cluster solution in...Read More
Are you a VMware vExpert, VMware Certified Instructor (VCI), Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP), Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), Citrix Technology Professional (CTP) or a Citrix Certified Instructor (CCI)? If so...Read More
Now I've never worked for the army/military and I really have no experience with them, but I'm sure that it takes a lot for them to give their stamp of approval on a product or solution. Also, there must be strict...Read More
Veeam does a great job at running deduplication to save valuable and expensive disk space for your backup storage however it does this per job, meaning all of the VMs within a job will be deduped with each other. Now, I...Read More
Top Posts & Pages
- Learning 3PAR - Part 1 - Chunklets, Logical Disk, CPGs, and Virtual Volumes
- Scheduling Veeam Backup Free Edition backups
- Expanding a Linux disk with gparted (and getting swap out of the way)
- Resizing the root partition of the vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA)
- Access to VM Console without the vSphere Client
- Quick Fix - Making your inactive NFS datastore active again!
- A newbies guide to ELK - Part 1 - Deployment
- No vMotion for you! - A general system error occurred: vim.faultNotFound
- Unable to delete an inactive datastore.
- Use PowerCli to shutdown VM's and Hosts when running on battery.