Thus far in this series of posts we have installed and configured vCenter Orchestrator as well as setup and utilized a couple of plugins; the vCenter plug-in and the PowerShell plug-in. Before the series ends I wanted to go...Read More
So it’s been a little while since I’ve put out a Friday Shorts – mainly because everything that I’ve been doing has been either so insignificant or requires a blog post all to itself, but without further...Read More
So this post isn’t so much as a how to upgrade to vSphere 5.1 post as it is a simple outline of some of the gotchya’s that I ran into. And not so much during the actual upgrade of vCenter, but with the introduction...Read More
About a month ago AppAssure released the first version of their backup software since being acquired by Dell. Dell AppAssure is one of the great sponsors on this blog so I figured hey, why not grab myself the trial...Read More
Last week I published an article based around moving your Veeam Backup & Replication Database to a new server. In that article I used a backup and restore method to move the Veeam DB somewhere else. Well, the...Read More
As you are probably are aware, in the beginning there are few VMs. People start out by virtualizing their low flyers, web servers, etc.. As time goes on there is something called VM sprawl which occurs....Read More
Maybe its during the upgrade from vSphere 4.0 to 4.1 and you require the 64 bit hardware. Maybe you need to upgrade to take advantages of a newer OS and you just don't trust the next next done that Microsoft provides you....Read More
I've seen this happen numerous times on a number of our VMware vCenter installations. For the first few months(sometimes days) vCenter Server is very snappy and responsive, when moving from page to page things...Read More
Top Posts & Pages
- Expanding a Linux disk with gparted (and getting swap out of the way)
- Quick Fix - Making your inactive NFS datastore active again!
- Resizing the root partition of the vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA)
- Learning 3PAR - Part 1 - Chunklets, Logical Disk, CPGs, and Virtual Volumes
- Scheduling Veeam Backup Free Edition backups
- Fun with ESXi, IPMI and Dell BMC/iDRAC - Remote Power Cycle, Console and more
- Access to VM Console without the vSphere Client
- 2017 Q4 Wrap-up
- Unable to delete an inactive datastore.
- VCSA 6.5 Migration deployment sizes limited!