Some of the biggest news coming out of VeeamON 2015 was based around yet another new free product from Veeam – this time, tackling the Linux market with what was then dubbed to be called Veeam Backup for Linux. You can...Read More
Yesterday during the opening general session at VeeamON CEO Ratmir Timashev announced that Veeam is set to release yet another free tool into their backup arsenal, Veeam Backup for Linux. Roughly one year ago at Veeams...Read More
So here we are – Part 3 and the final part of the Linux series. The title of this part is /usr/bin/random because well the content will be indeed quite random. I couldn't think of a way to classify the...Read More
Alright – so in Part 1 we covered LVM, partitioning and the basic installation of our VM. Now its time to tackle a few key points as it pertains to virtual hardware. Now there isn't a whole lot to cover...Read More
LAMP services, web servers, firewalls, proxies, load balancing; some of the many use cases that the Linux OS along with its' packages delivers. In fact, you would probably be pretty hard up to walk into any major...Read More
As much as I love working inside of the vSphere client and focusing solely on VMware and virtualization I’m also tasked with a lot of web programming, database development and general server administration. I look after a...Read More
Over the past year or so there have been a few times where I've need to expand a disk attached to a Debian system. Now this isn't a hard task by any means, and may not even warrant a blog post, but the matter of it...Read More
One of the most used functions inside a Linux install that I use is the ability to use the keyboard commands CTRL+ALT+F(1-7) to switch between virtual terminals. For the most part all of my Linux installs are headless,...Read More
I was in the process of spinning up a few Debian 6 squeeze servers today when I ran into a little bit of trouble installing VMware tools inside the guest. These were bare bone installs, containing basically just the system...Read More
Top Posts & Pages
- Learning 3PAR - Part 1 - Chunklets, Logical Disk, CPGs, and Virtual Volumes
- Scheduling Veeam Backup Free Edition backups
- Expanding a Linux disk with gparted (and getting swap out of the way)
- Access to VM Console without the vSphere Client
- Resizing the root partition of the vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA)
- Quick Fix - Making your inactive NFS datastore active again!
- No vMotion for you! - A general system error occurred: vim.faultNotFound
- Unable to delete an inactive datastore.
- Chrome and the endless Client Integration plug-in install prompt!
- A newbies guide to ELK - Part 1 - Deployment