Free Course – VMware vCenter Operations Manager Fundamentals
For those that may be interested there is a new course on the mylearn portal called vCenter Operations Manager Fundamentals. I went though this course over the last few weeks and it is pretty awesome… It takes you through the installation and configuration of vCOps and explains the major/minor badges, describes how to use all the tabs effectively and also walks you though setting up Smart Alerts and reporting.
So, if you get some spare time go and check it out. It's an eLearning course so you can come and go as you please picking up right where you left off, or simply skip to the areas that are of interest to you… And, it's free, so why not? Head on over the mylearn.vmware.com and login and get yourself enrolled…
Below is the course outline…
- Technical Overview of vCenter Operations Manager covers the vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 vApp architecture and resource requirements, the vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 vApp installation considerations, and introduces you to the major and minor badges.
- Installing and Configuring vCenter Operations Manager discusses how to install and configure vCenter Operations Manager.
- Using the Dashboards and Badges explains the main function of the major and minor badges, how to interpret the badge results, and how to configure thresholds and notifications.
- Operations and Planning describes how to use the Operations tab and the Planning tab.
- Working with Smart Alerts and Reports covers how to configure and use smart alerts, how heat maps are used, and how to work with reports.