It’s that special time of year again when we start to see a lot of planning and chatter around VMworld. This year, the mega virtualization show has been moved back to Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay resort – running from August 28th through September 1st! Now if you are struggling to find the funding to get yourself out there, or if say your company just doesn’t want to fork out the dollars to purchase a conference pass for you then why not try your hand with VMTurbo? Starting today! Yes, TODAY VMTurbo will be giving away 2 full...Read More
Month: May 2016
A ways back I wrote an article about how to utilize vRealize Orchestrator to deploy and install Update 2 for Veeam v8 to any of your virtualized Veeam Backup & Replication servers. This has worked well for me as I normally have the vSphere Web Client open anyways – why not just do my updates with this. Well, with v9 Update 1 there have been a few changes to how you go about silently deploying a Veeam update. First up there is no need to extract the update file – we can simply pass our install parameters directly to...Read More
Virtualization drastically changed the way we deploy applications and servers within our datacenters – eliminating racks upon racks of single purpose servers and replacing them with compute clusters and shared storage. In terms of IT, the timespan that virtualization has been mainstream has been short, but even in the small amount of time that it has been in our datacenters we have seen evolutions in the underlying infrastructure that supports virtualization. We’ve seen converged systems enter the marketplace, bundling the server clusters and storage together under one support SKU. From there we’ve went one level further with hyperconvergence, eliminating...Read More
Top Posts & Pages
- NetApp SolidFire HCI - Scale what you want, when you want
- Quick to the point - Clearing DNS Cache on the VCSA
- Quick Fix - Making your inactive NFS datastore active again!
- Expanding a Linux disk with gparted (and getting swap out of the way)
- Scheduling Veeam Backup Free Edition backups
- Learning 3PAR - Part 1 - Chunklets, Logical Disk, CPGs, and Virtual Volumes
- Ravello expanding HVX platform to bare metal.
- Unable to delete an inactive datastore.
- Resizing the root partition of the vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA)